A quick rundown of the feedback went like this:
- The outer cone was to still and needed more particles
- The beam of light that came down was good but re-timing needed to be considered and a colour change was necessary
- The particles in the middle where out of place
- Consider change the middle particles to a beam or something that reaches the man instead
- Consider more rings of light
With the outer cone I added more particles, added rotation to the geometry that i was emitting off and used a volume axis field to added some more movement and separation.
The ring/beam of light was re-timed and colour corrected in Nuke instead of re-rendering. Time saving at its finest.
I changed the particles in the middle to be tighter and flow all the way to the ground, also adding a glow effect.
I tried some pulsing rings of light but i just couldn't get them to look good enough so I scrapped them.
Below is the video. No music on this one but I promise there will be some rockin' tunes on the updated comp.
Overall I'd say I learnt a lot through my first journey into the world of dynamics. Am I happy with the final result? Not at all but live, learn and be better next time.